[MapServer-users] Communications: Matrix room setup for chat discussions (and IRC bridge)

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jul 18 06:38:27 PDT 2024

Hi all,

short summary: see https://mapserver.org/community/matrix-irc.html

During the recent 8.2.0 release process, we setup a communication bridge
between Matrix and IRC, for MapServer (all credit to @strk for the bridge).

This means that you can use any Matrix client (see long list at
https://matrix.org/ecosystem/clients/ ) and chat with devs who live on
either IRC or Matrix, in the same MapServer room.

Here are the connection details:

Matrix
   Server:
     matrix.osgeo.org
   Channel:
     #mapserver:osgeo.org

IRC
   Server:
     irc.libera.chat
   Channel:
     #mapserver

For our PSC meetings, this means that devs can connect from many
platforms, and we also get the benefit of logs (
https://view.matrix.org/alias/%23mapserver:osgeo.org )

Hope this helps!

thanks,

-jeff
#TeamMapServer

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, & offering MapServer Consulting/Dev