[VisCom] Presentation material

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 09:24:47 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear Arnulf and other VisCom members/volunteers
>
> I had mentioned on the IRC yesterday that it
> maybe worth considering preparing a 2 page
> brochure indicating the mission, goals,projects,
> official committees and membership of OSGeo and
> disseminate the brochure widely. Perhaps VisCom
> could finalize such a brochure after the OSGeo
> logo is finalized.

Once the brochure is available we should try to translate
it asap to various languages to have that ready for the
September conference. I could easily organize an Italian
translation (folks here want to read in Italian, not English,
same will apply to many countries). Having that it will
be easier to approach people here who are currently thinking
about formalized national user groups (tax-exempt, see [1]) to
establish a relationship to OSGeo. The same applies to
the public administration.
Maybe printing could be done for various languages then?

If printing cannot be finanzed from OSGeo budget (which I
don't expect) then we could even try to collect some fundings
among the members and interested other people.

Best
 Markus

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Like_Minded_Regional_Organizations