OSGeo at OSCON notes ... (was Re: [VisCom] GeoWeb 2006 report)

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Aug 3 18:47:05 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:50:01PM -0700, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I put a (very) brief summary of my thoughts on the GeoWeb conference up
> at:
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_GeoWeb2006_Report

That's great... I had a quick braindump into the OSCON page just now -
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_OSCON_2006#How_it_went

I really liked Arnulf's writeup about LinuxTag, that's the inspiration:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/LinuxTag_2006

To others who were at OSCON - if you could spare a few minutes to jot
down any impressions - especially of the BOF and of questions people
were asking who came to the booth - that would rock.

I had a really good time there, there seemed to be a lot of interest
in the toolset both from random visitors and protagonists on other
open source projects. On that basis i think it would definitely be
worth trying to get a booth-demoing gang together for EuroOSCON too.

cheers,

jo