Hawaii

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 7 17:39:49 EDT 2006

Tom Writes:
 > Frank,
 > Thanks for the invite...
 > BTW, we are having a GIS conference here in Hawaii in early October.  We
 > plan to have a session on Open GIS.
 > Do you have any contacts or know of anyone who can speak about Open GIS
 > here in Hawaii?
 > If you have any recommendations I will contact them.
 > Thx,
 > Tom

Tom,

I think that Ben Discoe of the VTP project - a terrain oriented 3D
visualization toolkit, is living in Hawaii and might have an interest.
I have taken the liberty of cc:ing Ben.

When you say "Open GIS" do you mean open standards, like from OGC or
open source, like we at OSGeo promote?

Do you have a web page or something like that talking about the conference?
If so, I can submit a note to our "Visibility Committee" which tries to
coordinate speakers for GIS conferences to talk on open source gis topics.

Best regards,