[VisCom] EuroOSCON planning?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sun Aug 13 18:05:54 EDT 2006

On Sun, August 13, 2006 22:01, Jo Walsh wrote:
> dear VisCom,
>
> I keep hearing EuroOSCON rumblings on IRC. I'm wondering what's
> happening with this - who else is planning to be there - what kind of
> means and plans OSGeo's dedicated Visibility people have for improving
> European Visibility - here's my notes and questions:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_EuroOSCON_2006
>
> cheers,
>

> jo

Not many Europeans around... and my self so far stored it under neglected.
I had hoped to hop on the Adsk train just as I did at Where 2.0 and I am
definitely not up to date. I hope that someone can shed some more light on
what has hopefully already been done.

If we have a booth we can produce printed material and deliver it. If any
content from the VisCom library needs to be worked over it should be done
well before FOSS4G anyway. But we have a good stack to start on. We can
also bring a banner and some notebooks.

What is Autodesk doing there? Any chance of joining in?

We will not have that many volunteers to staff a booth due to the high
entrance fees, preceding FOSS4G and upcoming Intergeo 2006.

Regards,
Arnulf.