[VisCom] Re: [Incubator] FOSS4G OSGeo Project visibility

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon Aug 21 17:47:00 EDT 2006

On Mon, August 21, 2006 22:48, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> <Arnulf>
>> Projects are ~required to deliver presentation and demo for graduation.
>> This is what is referred to here. An avi might not be that important but
>> living demos are essential! VisCom can obviously not prepare them, so
>> the projects would need to make sure they have something to show. If
>> software needs be installed locally please bring your own. Enhance it
>> with some breath-taking new gimmick. Steve Lime was bored last year, I
>> don't want to see this happen again. :-)
>> </Arnulf>
>>

> Arnulf,
> 1. Could you please update
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Graduation_Checklist with a list
> of documentation required for Marketing, or link to a list.
>
> 2. As Mapbuilder is about to be proposed for graduation, has it created
> sufficient marketing material?

Hi Cameron,
I found OSGeo_MapBuilder.pdf in the VisCom library but the "source" is not
there. Probably it should be upadted too. I think we can require at least
this document to be therre for every project. What do you think? There is
a German language version that the German Local Chapter is taking care of.

As an add on you could make a presentation with maybe 10 slides and a list
of all productive and demo systems that you can lay your hands on. I think
that would be helpful for booths. Try the 5 minute rule.

Can you nudge one or two of your team to staff a table at FOSS4G?

Regards, Arnulf.

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> http://cameron.shorter.net