[OSGeo-Discuss] Geoscience World Congress 2008 - 33rd IGC with deadline soon

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue Aug 22 16:37:31 EDT 2006

Markus,

I assume the information that is needed is to fill in the questionnaire
of the congress. I'm not familiar with their vocabulary, but relevant
options are probably either symposium or a workshop. Perhaps a "topical
symposium", where the topic is free software. If the proposal is
accepted by organizers, the next task would then be to try to get people
(scientists mainly) submit papers to the symposium. The questionnaire
seems not to expect very long descriptions, what's now in wiki is the
right size I think.

I haven't been to IGC before and I haven't worked in the field but it
does fall under my current job description. I'd be interested to
co-convene the symposium.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics