[VisCom] Re: [OSGeo-Board] Re: People at FOSS4G

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Thu Aug 31 09:32:10 EDT 2006

>> As an aside, I'd much rather see promo funds go toward helping
>> establish regional meetups than to just help keep people flocking
>> around the world to the venue of the month.
>
> (Well, this is why I'd like to have several OSGeo conferences in
> different regions next year! But most people seem to think that they'd
> rather go to only one that they knew "everyone" was going to be at.)

Speaking of which, what's the protocol for figuring out where the main
conference is next year?  Some South Africans have been in touch with
me, and they're quite interested in trying to host it next year or the
year after, and I've been neglecting telling them how to go about since
I just don't know.  It seems like it'd be ideal to announce at the end
of this conference?  Is someone already working on it?

Chris