Newsletter progress...

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 13 12:13:05 EST 2006

Just an FYI...

Our committee has talked several times about getting a newsletter
going.  Working with the current GRASS-News editors, we have made
some progress.  The current edition of GRASS-News (going out this
week) will be expanded to become an OSGeo News publication in the
next edition (sometime in the new year).

If anyone wants to be more involved from the back-end management of
this endeavour, let Martin or I know.  I was the one primarily
interested from the Visibility Committee so I'll put together a news
item about this, as an invite to the community to contribute content
for the next edition and to also have a descriptive page available on
the web site that will provide some more context.

I'm personally excited about taking advantage of this great legacy of
editors and content, format, etc. of the GRASS-News team - and using
this as a regular tool for project news, foundation news, project
examples, tutorials, interviews and more.

Tyler

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation