[Visibilitycommittee_dev] Re: [OSGeo-Board] Business cards

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Fri Dec 29 11:51:43 EST 2006

Arnulf, Jo:

* The "Bainbridge Island" bit refers to where the card holder lives/works; I sort of felt we needed some sort of identifying geolocation of the person, and since OSGeo doesn't really have an "office" anywhere physical...

* Yes, all addresses should be of the form xxx at osgeo.org -- the one you saw was just a sample.

* The T/P thing I have no opinion on.  I've asked people to just give me up to 2 numbers, any format: and some use words like "office", "cell", "f", etc.  Not sure we can standardize this is any way.  I personally don't see fax numbers as useful anymore -- maybe suggest people only allowed to list one voice number, and do anway with the need for f/p/t/c etc?

* Double-sided requires customization and expense, and I'd rather not go there at this point.  We will have the template available to us, so if someone wants to do something on their own...

Note that doing quality cards individually / custom requires a lot of overhead expense which I have trouble justifying.  I don't have the numbers right now, but I think it makes more economic sense to do a larger batch order for all those who need cards, every 3-6 months or something.  Certainly VisCom isn't going to pay for any more than this first round for the board!  :-)

* Lat/lon precision is up to the submitter.  Depends on how accurate or fuzzy they want the targetting to be I guess...

* I'm not sure I understand the info at osgeo.org bit.  Do you want that email address to appear on the card in addition to your own address?  [JohnC may have already locked in the design at this point, not sure we can add another field now.]

PS- Also, note that all phone numbers are being done with a country code now.  That should make you happy!

-mpg