[VisCom] sanity check a lightning talk abstract?

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 7 11:09:51 EDT 2006

Just for background... We have three great talks lined up for our 45
minute speakers session at OSCON:
-Jo's talk as mentioned below
-Aaron Racicot's 'mash-up of 5 different OSGeo projects'
-Mark Lucas re: OSSIM

Should be a great session.

Re: your question Jo.. I particularly like the "new kind of software
foundation" part of the abstract.  As many of you know already, I see
OSGeo as blazing a path not just for geospatial software but also for
the broader open source context; we are doing things no one else has
done in open source.  Because this conference is focused on open
source geek stuff, I'd love to see that perspective brought into it
somehow.

More later,
Tyler