OSGEO participation in Map Asia 2006 in Bangkok

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Jul 21 20:31:09 EDT 2006

Dear Srinivasan,

A brief background about OSGeo promotion at MapAsia 2006.

Mr. Sanjay Kumar, CEO, GIS Development has offered a 50%
concession for booth space at MapAsia 2006 for OSGeo.
I am still not sure is the OSGeo budget permits us to
put up an OSGeo Booth at MapAsia 2006.

Mr. Sanjay Kumar has also offered to distribute freely
the OSGeo Brochures and put up OSGeo posters at MapAsia
2006. The OSGeo promotion materials are already available
in digital form at the OSGeo Website. If sufficient copies
(1000) of the brochures and some posters could be sent to
MapAsia 2006 Secretariat below, the organizers will take
care of distribution and display. Printing of the brochures
and posters in Thailand would cost 600-700 US$.

*******
Map Asia 2006 Secretariat
Room No. 405 Maple House Executive Apartment
417, Sathon 11 (Narathiwat Ratchanakharin 10), Sathon, Bangkok 10120
Tel: +66-0-2676 2050-60 Ext. 405  Telefax: +66-0-2676 2063 Email: info at mapasia.org
*******

I understand that OSGeo brochures and posters distributed at Where2.0
were printed at Autodesk, USA (someone at OSGEO Viscom can correct me
if I am wrong).

It is great know about Autodesk's interest to promote
OSGeo at MapAsia 2006. It would be nice if the OSGeo
posters could be put up at the Autodesk booth. Further,
it would be great if Autodesk could support the printing
of the OSGeo brochures in Singapore or Thailand for distribution
to the participants.

I will not be in a position to attend MapAsia 2006 due to other
engagements during the conference. It would be possible for me
to ask some OSGeo supporters in Bangkok to provide help out in
the OSGeo promotion and also arrange for some demos and talks on
OSGeo based applications.

I hope you can also suggest some ways for promoting OSGeo at
MapAsia 2006.

I am also marking a CC of this mail to OSGeo Visibility Committee
and OSGeo Board for their feedback.

You can call-up on me, if you happen to be in Japan. BTW, Mori-san
is scheduled to give a lecture related to OSGeo at my Universty
in Osaka on 2nd Nov. 2006. Perhaps it would be a nice time to have
a face-to-face in Osaka then with some other OSGeo enthusiasts in
Japan too.

Kind regards

Venkatesh
Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan