[VisCom] My Where 2.0 thoughts (for tomorrow's VisCom mtg)

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 04:10:46 EDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> dear mpg, thanks for the close observations!

thanks also from here!

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 03:21:02PM -0700, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> > * Along those lines, we need to prepare a Resource Room on the website
> > or something like that.  The nascent VisCom library helps a bit; Tyler's
> > book and the two Hacks books help; a set of white papers and case
> > studies help; but I can't help but think we should be able to provide
> > something bundled up nicely.  (Hey Tyler, can you write another book
> > maybe?)

... there are even more GFOSS books - see here:
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Library#GFOSS_Books
I have changed it to a template now for easy insertion into other
Wiki pages.

Unfortunately O'Reilly once rejected our GRASS book proposal, so it
became a Kluwer/Springer book... Probably we came too early in 2000 :-)
Next edition on the way for 2007.

Cheers
 Markus