[VisCom] Forwarded message from Chris Holmes

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Mar 16 08:42:54 EST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Chris Holmes wrote:
>
>> Do we have a promotion and visibility committee list yet?  I  couldn't
>> find one on the site.  Should I just forward this to the  discuss list
>> to see if there's anyone else who may be attending and  interested in
>> giving a workshop with me?  I'm going to submit a  proposal on
>> geoserver and perhaps geonetwork and udig, would be  happy if someone
>> were to present mapserver or any other user  focused foundation
>> project really...

Hey Chris,
I am giving an intrductory workshop on GeoServer WFS-T at the FOSSGIS
Conference:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Workshops_06#Mittwoch.2C_29._M.C3.A4rz.2C_11_Uhr_bis_13_Uhr

Preliminary content:
http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Einf%C3%BChrung_GeoServer_und_WFS-T

We will show the Online service FIONA which went Online last week. It
provides access to 80T farmers to get their EU subsidy grants by online
digitizing their farmland (using GeoServer WFS-T and
PostgreSQL/PostGIS). I'll translate the description asap.
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/FIONA_ist_Online

If you have any material that we could use for the workshop we would
appreciate if you cuold let us have it as soon as possible. We will
translate it to German and give it back for the intl site / doc pool or
similar.

Things are moving faster than us being able to finally meet in the
committee...

Best, Arnulf.