[VisCom] Where 2.0 promotional opportunities

Peter Moran peter.moran at autodesk.com
Thu May 11 12:33:29 EDT 2006

Thanks for comments and VisCom discussion on Where 2.0 activities.
Status of items and actions are below.  I think I got the proper name
associated with the right voice.

As the tagline "Your Open Source Compass" is being discussed and won't
be finalized until 5/19, we agreed to use the existing logo with
tagline: "The Open Source Geospatial Foundation" as an interim measure
in order to meet production deadlines of 5/12 (I'm seeing if there's any
flexibility here).

My other action item is to do press release template.

Cheers,

Peter

-----------------

1.	Plenary speaking opp.  15 minute plenary
conservation/panel/session

	a.	Opp to hang banner in ballroom during plenary - WE WILL
DO
	b.	Opp to distribute materials in ballroom during plenary -
WE WILL PASS
	c.	Listing and logo placement in conference program as
plenary sponsor - WE WILL DO

Action:  Autodesk to manage design and production

2.	Sponsor of Exhibit Hall Reception 6:00-7:30 - WE WILL PASS IN
FAVOR OF BIRDS OF FEATHER SESSION and DEVELOPER ROUNDTABLE

	a.	Listing and logo placement in conference program,
website, email announcements, onsite signage

3.	2 page ad in conference program - WE WILL LIKELY PASS.  WE
DISCUSSED DOING A MINIMALIST ONE PAGE AD WITH OSGEO LOGO, TAGLINE,
DESCRIPTION AND URL.

Action: Peter to investigate feasibility of a simple ad.

4.	Two 6' tabletop displays (pop-up booths allowed) in premium
location in Exhibit Hall - WE WILL DO.  DANIEL SUGGESTED SETTING UP
COMPUTER AND SIGN TO REGISTER PEOPLE.

	a.	Includes 2, 6' draped counters (20 linear feet)
	b.	2 counter height stools
	c.	8' high draped backwall to hang banner
	d.	Carpeted room (no need to rent carpet)
	e.	High speed Ethernet Internet connection
	f.	Electrical Connection for two computers

Action: Peter to manage banner production, signage.

Action: Tyler to collect content (project description and screenshots)
from different projects to make handouts, like the ones Arnulf did.

Action: Booth staffing TBD - we will put together scheduling later, once
we know who's going.

5.	User of press conference for one private press event - IDEA is
to make this a developer roundtable, with 3-4 developers talking to the
press.  Michael would like to organize, but isn't sure he's coming to
the show.

Action:  Peter to find out details and pass to Michael.

Action: Michael may kick this off, then hand off if he can't come.

6.	Web/Print ads - WE WILL DO

	a.	Company logo and 100 word description prominently
displayed on conference marketing materials and web site
	b.	Top logo placement and link on Conference home page

Action: Autodesk resources to produce

7.	20,000 online baler impressions on oreillynet.com - WE WILL DO

Action: Autodesk resources to produce

8.	Conference passes - ANY EXTRAS WILL BE OFFERED TO BOARD, VISCOM

9.	6 full conference passes (excluding tutorials), conference
materials included - ANY EXTRAS WILL BE OFFERED TO BOARD, VISCOM

10.	2-time use of Who's Who, opt in attendee list (pre and post con)
- WE WILL DO.  We think this is an email list.

Action:  Peter to get details and contact.

Action: Chris offered to write up some promotional text for either pre
and post conference use

11.	Attendee bag insert - WE WILL PASS.  Autodesk will likely use
this to promote MapGuide

12.	Opportunity to host reception at Fairmont Hotel - WE WILL PASS