[VisCom] Re: OSGeo Newsletter

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 15 11:27:11 EDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
  >> 2) Should it deal with OSGeo stuff only (announcements etc.)  or does
>> software chapters exist, where certain aspects/problems of one specific
>> package is discussed.
>
> I think that OSGeo information could be part of it, but not the majority part.
> We really (!) do need a better way to communicate OSGeo happenings out to the
> membership (and also to the public) - perhaps having it as part of this
> common media would be good.  I tend to think that it would.

Martin / Tyler,

I agree that the newsletter / magazine should address a variety of projects
in OSGeo (and perhaps those closely related such as PostGIS).  This will
improve the amount of content available I think, and also helps to provide
a service for the various projects that don't have the resources to produce
a quality newsletter/magazine themselves.

Best regards,