[VisCom] OSGeo tag line pre-selction

Peter Moran peter.moran at autodesk.com
Mon May 15 14:52:18 EDT 2006

Just so no one is surprised, VisCom made a decision last week to use
"The Open Source Geospatial Foundation" as an interim tagline in order
to meet production deadlines for banners and signage at Where 2.0.

And after looking at the list of entries and thinking about it, I think
it would make a simple but sensible permanent tagline. Why?  "OSGeo.org"
alone tells me:

 - this is some kind of non-profit

 - it may be about operating systems or open source or bone science

 - it may be about geology or geography or geotechnical

Spelling it out makes things clear what the organization is about.  In
any case, we can test it out at Where 2.0 and see how it flies.

Peter

  _____