OSGeo at GeoWeb - PR opportunity

Peter Moran peter.moran at autodesk.com
Tue May 16 18:30:26 EDT 2006

Autodesk will be donating the benefits of sponsoring the GeoWeb
conference (Vancouver July 24-28) to OSGeo.

We've been contacted by the conference organizers, who want to issue a
press release on Autodesk's involvement and sponsorship.

We'd like to suggest that they shift the spotlight a bit to shine on
OSGeo instead, and have the release talk about OSGeo involvement and
sponsorship.  I've suggested that they get a quote from Dave, who I
believe will be speaking there.

I see this as a good way to get some free publicity for OSGeo.

Make sense?  Any objections?

Peter