[VisCom] OSGeo at GeoWeb - PR opportunity

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue May 16 19:19:37 EDT 2006

(Autodesk rocks.)

Who is Dave?  Our own Dave McI, or..?

-mpg

________________________________

	From: Peter Moran [mailto:peter.moran at autodesk.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:30 PM
	To: dev at visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org
	Subject: [VisCom] OSGeo at GeoWeb - PR opportunity

	Autodesk will be donating the benefits of sponsoring the GeoWeb
conference (Vancouver July 24-28) to OSGeo.

	We've been contacted by the conference organizers, who want to
issue a press release on Autodesk's involvement and sponsorship.

	We'd like to suggest that they shift the spotlight a bit to
shine on OSGeo instead, and have the release talk about OSGeo
involvement and sponsorship.  I've suggested that they get a quote from
Dave, who I believe will be speaking there.

	I see this as a good way to get some free publicity for OSGeo.

	Make sense?  Any objections?

	Peter