[VisCom] Where 2.0 Banners

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu May 18 00:18:16 EDT 2006

I've had a look at the banner and wonder a couple things about colouring...

Have we considered using a different logo colour?  I, personally, find the
current green to be a little boring (my wife calls it bland 'hospital
green' :) ).  It's a little too soft and safe, I think we want something that
stands out a bit more.  Don't we?

If it must be green, maybe something brighter or more modern can be found that
will coordinate with some other colours when needed.  Like this 'lawn' green:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_color_tryit.asp?hex=67CFC00.  It stands out
on black and black stands out on Lawn.  What do you guys think?  You know,
it's a cool colour these days but isn't neon.

The fading effect on the logo tends to wash it out a bit and reduce its
distinctive outline.  I understand that it is being used to give it a 3d
effect.  But since it essentially shades from white to green, it makes it
difficult to put on both dark and light backgrounds due to lack of distinct
contrast.  If we could find a way to make more of a solid shade (or not going
all the way to white), it might 'pop out' a bit better.  Maybe just changing
the base colour of the logo would be good enough though.

Coming onto viscom late, I won't be surprised if this has already been
discussed, but thought I'd mention it anyway.  It might be that the PDF is
changing colours too?  I thought some earlier logos had a brighter green.

Tyler

--
My blog: http://spatialguru.com
My book: http://oreilly.com/catalog/webmapping