[VisCom] OSGeo appearance @ Where 2.0

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu May 18 14:00:44 EDT 2006

On Thursday 18 May 2006 06:51, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> I'd have to second Michael's take on this -- pulling that off either
> takes some real pros to truly make it work -- or it becomes corny and
> the butt of everyone's jokes.

Arnulf,
I agree with Dave and Michael on this.  I can totally picture doing this and
know how it could work out.  But this group at the conference is, in my
opinion, a very tough one.  That is the sense I had during my presentation
last year.  A wide range of people from hackers, devs, business, VC folks...
Very few are comfortable enough with their neighbours to graciously extend
imagination to the speakers on stage.  I hope that by this time next year,
we'll all have had enough rubbing of shoulders with each that we can have
some more polished team presentations ready to go.  Then maybe some more
'risky' like your proposal would be more realistic.

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore your idea! :S