[VisCom] Where scheduling (please submit Bios!)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed May 24 19:42:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 00:22, Chris Holmes wrote:
> Yeah, I was going to give instructions on how to submit bios and all
> once we figured out who was going when.  You can also just send me the
> bio's and contact info.  Vee will likely have you still submit on their
> forms.
>
> There should be room for Sean on the agenda, we have 2-3 lightning slots.
>
> Since Dave just responded that he's willing to go BOF with MapServer,
> and I'm assuming Arnulf and Mark were both interested in the main event,
> let's just go with that (unless anyone objects, wants some more fair way
> to do it).
>
> So we'll have 1) 15 minute session with three lightning talks
> 1) Frank and GDAL
> 2) Sean and MapGuide
> 3) Mark and OSSIM
>
> Then Arnulf will coordinate with us (geoserver) and WorldWind on a nice
> 15 minutes integration session/demo.  Arnulf, would you have some time
> to coordinate with that?

Yes, sure. We have just finished the WFS-T client digitizing module and it
uses GeoServer. Its really cool, nice to show off, the background data
obviously comes from a MapServer...

> GRASS has their own session.  The only ones out are MapBuilder and
> GeoTools, but we could probably convince Brent, the GeoServer developer
> I'm sending, who's done work on both GeoTools and MapBuilder, to at
> least say a few words at the BOF.

I will mention MapBuilder together with Mapbender, we have the long time
goal of getting together, this is a nice finishing line for a talk.

> I'll send Vee their contact info, and she can likely follow up with
> instructions on how to do the bio.
>
> Chris

Did you get my bio, i was shy to send it to the list...

Arnulf.

PS:
Do we need the growing email list or are people on the VisCom list anyway?

Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de