[VisCom] logo request

Peter Moran peter.moran at autodesk.com
Thu May 25 16:54:13 EDT 2006

I think the RGB colors need to be indexed to PMS (Pantone) colors.
Below is some guidance from creator from another thread.  Sorry I can't
put time into this now.

Peter

--------------------------
Hello peoples,

The official logo has been imported to Adobe Illustrator and cleaned up
by the OSGeo crew (specifically Daniel's gf, if I'm not mistaken).
Exporting from CorelDraw to SVG or .ai formats results in a mess, thus
the reason for the Adobe Illustrator clean up. As OSGeo is now the
owner/maintainer of the logo, I would urge you to contact Daniel
Brookshier (mailto:dbrookshier at collab.net) to get a clean .ai version of
the logo.

As for the request for PMS colors, a color swatch of RGB colors is
available online at:
https://news.osgeo.org/contests/logo/koning/raster/color_swatch_1.png .
There are a number of sites on the web that show RGB to PMS color
conversions (e.g. http://weprintcolor.com/pantone_RGB_convert.htm)

Aaron