[VisCom] RE: One more call: OSGeo at Map World Forum (India, Jan '07) [possible resend]

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 00:51:58 EST 2006

Dear All,

The India OSGeo Chapter and myself are in touch
with organizers about OSGeo booth and OSGeo workshop
at Map world forum. Details are still being worked out
and also some funding for promotions at Map World Forum
needs to be raised.

I and several others (Japan Chapter representative
Mori Toru, China Chapter representative Prof. Chen,
Thai Chapter Committee member, Dr. Nitin and upcoming
Vietnam Chapter representative, Mr. Tuyet) are planning
to attend. Several others have also expressed interest
to attend.

Since Autodesk seems to be one of the Sponsors for
Map World Forum, it maybe possible to request for
a keynote slot. If Gary is planning to attend, may
be he could do the OSGeo keynote in the Plenary session.

Indian Chapter representative, Dr. P.S. Roy could deliver
a talk on OSGeo activities in India. I or someone else
could do a talk on OSGeo in Asia.

The organizers (Sanjay Kumar) have offered 25% discount
in booth rates for OSGeo and also offered to provide a
room for 50 people for a OSGeo workshop (2 hours).

As I said before details have to be worked out by
the India Local Chapter. I am marking CC to Dr. P.S. Roy
(India Chapter Representative) and Dr. K.S. Rajan who
is managing OSGeo promotions at Map World Forum.

Kind regards

Venka