[VisCom] Meeting tomorrow!

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Nov 15 12:54:39 EST 2006

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I've not been able to accomplish anything lately, other than keep up
> with email, shirt requests, and coordinate logo-stuff with John Close.
> Sorry -- I wish I could do more, but I just barely have the bandwidth
> for my regular day job as it is right now.
>
> Nonetheless, we do have a meeting tomorrow morning.  Let's at least
> catch up on status and make sure there is nothing urgent that is not
> getting done...
>
> -mpg

Hi,
sorry, as I will be traveling tomorrow afternoon I will not be able to join the meeting. If something urgent pops up lets get it done.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

PS:
I am hearing a lot of "Sorry, I cannot do this and that...", "community is maxed out" etc. lately. I think that we are all doing a great job and there is no need to be sorry for anything. It seems like the really pressing business on VisCom has currently subsided a little, else we would be bustling and get things resolved. It has worked out before and I am positive that it will do so in the future. So I am purposefully not sorry to not be able to be there tomorrow. (This is just to make us feel a little more comfortable with not getting done everything at the same time :-)

PPS:
I am seeing a lot of changes in the Wiki and to me this is an excellent activity meter. There is a new French speaking community gathering momentum with a list of 30 people and a dozen work on the UK Wiki page, there is a tile spec in progress and if you want to know something on IRC you get an answer. From an Open Source project perspective I'd say OSGeo and its community are quite alive.