[OSGeo-Board] OSGeo logo on business cards and other printed materials

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Nov 19 17:58:34 EST 2006

That wiki page is considerably dated; I'd imagine that VisCom would have a different take on it at this point.

I personally don't think that OSGeo logos should be allowed on business cards unless:

- The business card is OSGeo-specific (not an existing company card) or
- The company whose card it is on has paid a certain sponsorship level

This comes back to members being individuals rather than corporate entities.

I can see the visibility benefits of allowing use, but I don't see a way of doing this without diluting the brand.

Jason