[VisCom] The logos have arrived!

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 20 20:52:41 EST 2006

This is great!  Just in time for me to try to push out some business
cards for a conference next week :)  Refresh my memory, what is still
outstanding from him?  Did we already talk about special logos for
sponsors and members?

I also passed them by Aaron (who made the original version) and he
thought the logo changes were good.

Is there any reason to not start pushing them out to our various web
sites?  Might as well start using them.  I'd like to see how it looks
on the osgeo.org and in the wiki.  I mocked up what it might look
like on the current site (attached), but obviously the grey gradient
background isn't going to help any logo stand out  So it's not really
a fair comparison since it really needs a lighter outline to make it
work on that background, like the old one did.  Looks sharp on some
plain white pages I threw it on.

Now that I've seen it in context, it doesn't seem so shockingly
different.  I bet if we just change it, few people will notice... we
could place out bets.