Promotion

Geoff Zeiss geoff.zeiss at autodesk.com
Fri Nov 24 09:14:55 EST 2006

Hello.

I thought I would introduce myself - although I already know several of
you, I met Mike at GeoWeb, and I've known Arnulf since the last
MapServer conference in Minneapolis.  I'm a solution architect and
technical evangelist at Autodesk, reporting to Gary Lang, whom I'm sure
you're all familiar with.

The reason I thought it would be worthwhile getting in touch with you is
to make you aware of some of some of the activities that I have been
involved in in promoting open source geospatial and OSGEO as part of my
role at Autodesk.  For example, over the past year I have included OSGEO
and open source geospatial in presentations and panel discussions at Map
Middle East, URISA, Map Africa, Map Asia, GeoWeb, Space Technology and
Geo-Informatics (Thailand) and other venues.  I will be giving a key
note on open standards, open source, and open content at an upcoming
OSGEO Japan event, and I have several other events coming up.

I've also been talking to the media, especially in Southeast Asia, which
I think that has helped raised the awareness of open source geospatial
and OSGEO in Southeast Asia in particular.  I'll mention a couple of
example, an interview that appeared in a ZDNet Asia

(http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,61952140,00.htm)

and another that has recently appeared on Singapore Airlines inflight
news (of all places), but you'll have to fly SQ to see it.

I would be interested in getting a picture of your current activities,
and seeing if there are ways that I might be able to contribute.

Geoff