FW: [VisCom] OSGeo Promotions/Workshop in Vietnam

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:14:35 EDT 2006

Hi Micheal and Viscom.

I informally asked to know if VisCom could
consider some support. Had asked the same
about 2 months ago too.

The Local Organizer (Dr. Duan, Vietnam Academy of
Science) will contact Michael giving details about
the purpose and ways the funds will be spent.

Gary, I had also asked Autodesk, Asia-Pacific if they
want to promote MapGuide etc at GIS-IDEAS 2006 but
have not received a response. Someone from
the Thai office said that they will submit
a paper of Mapguide but we have not received
it. I have been involved in organizing GIS-IDEAS
in Vietnam since 2002 and I think it is an
important event. Board Member Markus was also
at the last GIS-IDEAS in 2004 where we had a
GRASS workshop organized.

Regards

Venka

P.S. Micheal, I am giving your mail address to Dr. Duan
so that he can get in touch with you.