[VisCom] FW: OSGeo proposal?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Sep 9 12:50:29 EDT 2006

Re: comment 3...

Perhaps it doesn't matter for a unique string like OSGeo, but at GeoTec this year I saw Frank wearing a cool cap that just said "Safe" on it.  Now, I knew that it was for Safe Software, and thought it was pretty cool, but Don Murray mentioned that it had been a really bad marketing decision because there was no way for non-users to connect, not even a web address.

I think that if we are going to shorten the text on the logo to OSGeo, we should also adopt a policy of putting the text www.osgeo.org somewhere on the item.  For business cards, this would be on an info line, for T-shirts it could be under the logo or on the back of the shirt in big text, etc...

Looking at the clock and buttons at CafePress, I really see the value of having a version of the logo that has the name OSGeo inside the compass wheel instead of outside of it.  I can also see the value in a vertical stacking, with the logo above OSGeo instead of beside it.

Jason