board actions from VisCom

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Thu Sep 28 13:27:03 EDT 2006

CORRECTION:

We have just realized that the TrademarkGuidelines document we approved
had been changed last night by Arnulf to remove the references to formal
(TM) stuff.  This means that this morning's VisCom vote to approve the
Moz-based document is somewhat tainted.

As VisCom chair, I would like the board to first take an official
position on item (2) below before acting on (1), and then VisCom will
update the guidelines as required.

For the record, of the VisCom members mpg and Tyler are in favor of TM.
Arnulf is presumably against.  I don't know how Venka and Chris feel;
they can speak at the board meeting for themselves.  I think Lisa is
also in favor.  Alain has not expressed an opinion.

-mpg