[Viscom-dev] Re: [Spanish] Traducción del portal y formación del capítulo

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Apr 5 13:16:31 EDT 2007

(VebisCom, see below in English)

Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Hola Jorge,
>

>> Hace unos días contacté con Arnulf Christl en respuesta a su
>> llamamiento hecho hace unas semanas para traducir el portal de OSGeo
>> al español.
>>
>> No sé cuanta carga de trabajo supone esto la verdad, había pensado
>> empezar por las páginas más visibles he ir poco a poco.
>
> Así estoy haciendo con la traducción en italiano.
> Por favor, acuerdate actualizar la pagina del wiki de osgeo:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Portal_Translation_Status
>

>> Por otro lado, quedan algunos pasos para formalizar el capítulo. El
>> siguiente paso es, pegando lo que pone en el wiki:
>>
>> #  “OSGeo Chapter” should propose an official representative to liaise
>> with the OSGeo Board. If accepted by the board, the representative
>> will be an officer of OSGeo.TODO
>>
>> No sé si es pronto, pero creo que habría que elegir a algún
>> representante para comunicarse con la junta directiva. ¿Alguien se
>> anima? ¿Habría que hacer una votación si hay más de una proposición?
>
> tuve la misma idea pero he pensado que tal vez nos va a necesitar un
> tiempo para conocerse antes que votar.
> Que piensas?
>
> ciao
> Lorenzo

Yo entiendo todo lo que escriben but it gives me pains to torture you with my bad Spanish writing, so I will continue in English (sorry :-).

I think that you need not form an official chapter right away, there is no hurry. If you need anything hat goes beyond this list, the Wiki pages or the CMS, just post your request to this list and Lorenzo or I will pick it up and tell you what we can do about it.

For the translation your suggestion is fine, just start with the first pages.

Beware that we have no mechanism in place yet how to propagate changes if the English page (consenting that it is the "main" page) is modified. For this to happen in a somewhat regular way it was suggested to reanimate the international list. As it is tied closely to WebCom and VisCom we will put it on their agenda.

Last but not least if you notice inconsitencies or think that something is wrong or could be said better on the English (or any other page at that), please let WebCom and VisCom know too (or again, just post it here).

Best regards,
Arnulf.