VisCom library, was: Re: [Viscom-dev] [Fwd: Preparing for SSC2007, Australia May 14-18]

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:56:44 EDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Files are all accessible at:
> http://osgeo.org/files/viscom/library/<filename>  - with filename as
> listed in wiki.

This is not clear to me - the wiki doesn't list file names (extensions
missing).

I have now tried to guess them and updated
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Library

Still many are broken. Since I cannot see the files (would be so
easy to just see the "raw" directory maybe) many guesses seem to
be still wrong.

> i.e.   http://osgeo.org/files/viscom/library/holmes_2005d.pdf
>
> If you are desperate to grab all the files directly, that is possible
> too, though I'm not sure we should put a public URL out for it (??).

Why not? The idea is to *disseminate* material and the stuff is
published under reasonable licenses (see Wiki). Especially, most
files are released for "remix", means that we have to publish the
ODP/ODT/DOC/PPT files, too.

BTW: Trying
http://www.osgeo.org/node/add/content_library
it tells me "Access denied".