[Viscom-dev] RE: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G.org domain

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Aug 31 12:10:20 EDT 2007

If FOSS4G is to be treated as a generic term and not a brand for our
conference, then I have to ask why we are using it.  It would make far
more sense to me to call the conference something like the "OSGeo
Annual".  Our use of "OSGeo" is free from encumbrances, and creates a
visibility feedback loop between the conference and the organisation.

This has come up several times in the past, but the discussion has not
gone anywhere.  Personally, I would like to see this important
visibility/branding issue revisited by a vote of the membership rather
than settled internal to a committee.

Jason