[VisCom] Geospatial Events calendar?

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 12 02:11:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 19:21 +0100, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Tim Bowden wrote:

> >> I think we're all happy to see you organising something and that
> >> Arnulf's comments may be more focused on larger, more formal events
> >> that need more OSGeo official help (i.e. funding, volunteer
> >> enticement, etc).  At least I am happy to see a local group
> >> organising a presence at this event.
>

> Hi Tim,
> I am sorry if I gave the impression that I wanted to impose any kind of hard regulatory to your initiative. This was not my intention. Instead I wanted to help and provide you with the corresponding Wiki-think. I added Event Owner to your name. (If you don't like it, go hack it. Its a Wiki). Being Event Owner in your case only means that anybody who wants to join in with help locally knows who he can talk to. As already mentioned the formality of the process is proportional to the size of the event and the risk you want to take on personally. In this case I'd say no problems.

It's more that it took me by surprise; Given the short time till the
event I hadn't even given a thought as to what process there might be
for holding an OSGeo event.  Now I know, it will be a much smoother ride
next time. Thanks for the links, It's been valuable in helping get my
head around what we need to think about.

> Putting it in the [[Category:Events]] (right at the bottom of the page) gives an overview of all events that are firmly planned and still take place here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Category:Events
>
> After you are done this changes to [[Category:Past Events]] and maybe you add a few pictures or a comment on how useful it was to you and the world.

Will do.

> All this provides for a formal frame that is recognized by Google helping to promote things and gives VisCom an overview of what Events currently are on.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.

Regards,
Tim Bowden