[Viscom-dev] FW: [Mass-Market-GEO] Where 2.0 brainstorming

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:55:35 EST 2007

Chris,
That would be really cool. It would have been nice if we had set this up
at the Australian Linux Conference - and none of us had a full
understanding of all the applications.

If you do set this up, could you please leave tracks so someone else can
set it up again next time.
Maybe a wiki page with details of what you did, or possibly set up a zip
file of all the installed applications.
Oh - and if you go that far, why don't you kick off the OS Geo Stack
packaging project. :)

Chris Holmes wrote:
> Could do something like set up a PostGIS database, configure GeoServer
> and MapGuide to both use it.  Then make a MapGuide front-end, an
> openlayers front-end for GeoServer.  Add in MapGuide WMS to
> openlayers.  Then show off editing through MapGuide and editing on
> uDig to GeoServer WFS, and how it edits the same backend...  And can
> also throw in MapBuilder or MapBender WFS-T if there's time...
>
> Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>> Great - I'd really like to see if between Chris and Bob we could have
>> a session that shows some interoperability between GeoServer and
>> MapGuide.  Any great ideas come to mind?  Of course, I'm sure with
>> the few hours you have each of you could fill it up individually -
>> but I think showing interoperability will go a long ways.
>>
>> Tyler
>>
>> On 26-Jan-07, at 8:53 AM, Nathalie Mainland wrote:
>>
>>> Bob Bray is willing to do a workshop session on MapGuide and help at
>>> the
>>> booth.