[Viscom-dev] FOSS4G booth

Dean Mikkelsen dcmikkelsen at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 31 12:15:25 EDT 2007

Drop-ins seem to always work well at Conventions.

It also gives OSGeo the chance to talk about the projects (MapServer, MapGuide, MapBender, etc.) and introduce where people can become involved in the projects and OSGeo itself.

There may be many new faces and new people involved - like myself, who are still working through the Open Source world.

In many cases, it may just be a chance to meet people face to face and find common ground in an easy open area.

I concur with Michael that the booth should be staffed at all times and volunteers should be easily accessible.

There should be clear signs indicating that it is an OSGeo booth. Perhaps even have a Desktop with a URL to the OSGeo Site and Wiki.

Cheers,
Dean