[Viscom-dev] OSGeo booth layout...

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Sep 14 08:29:19 EDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I've went ahead and organised with the conference venue to make sure we
> have some items ready for the booth when we arrive.  There will be a
> couple long tables, a few pedestal tables and some casual chair or sofa
> spots for folks to sit and talk (about OSGeo stuff of course! :) ).
>
> We will also have 4 PC's set up on tables at the end of our booth for
> general public use.  The space will still be fairly open but also will
> have OSGeo as a central focus.   We may also have the large video
> display coming with John Graham, for showing off cool really big imagery
> flythrough apps like ossimPlanet using a remote control pointer, etc.
> This is still tentative.  If it doesn't happen we'll just have more room
> for standing to demo apps or sitting to talk with each other.
>
> Hope this works out, any questions, just ask.
>
> Tyler

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for getting this done, the booth looks great. I am sure that we will have enough people at the booth from VisCom (hint hint, hey All) and that it will be one of the highlights for people to go, meet, talk, discuss and start things.

I am at least as unhappy with my "leadership" of VisCom as Frank recently was with FunCom. But we have discussed whether we need VisCom or not often and long enough to know that we do need it. Do we?

To find that out I hope that some of those who are subscribed to this list come to the booth and either pat me on the back and tell me to just go home, kick me in the ass (please be gentle) or volunteer to help me push VisCom back out into the spot light where it belongs. I am getting too old to do it all by myself.

Thanks and see you all in Victoria,
Arnulf

(now off to Boulder to mess up OGC a bit)