[Marketing] No Marketing meeting today / distribute updated Logo

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Aug 15 07:29:20 EDT 2008

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:
> All,
> we will not have a Marketing meeting today as too many are away.
> I will schedule the next meeting for next week and give the time zones a
> spin to suit Australia and Asia better. Feel free to make suggestions.
> In the meantime we might be able to schedule the introduction of the
> updated OSGeo logo - if we receive the final version and color codes we
> might be able to do the swap this weekend. I will notify here once we
> have all that we need in place.
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.

Hehe, I made us miss the next chance to meet.

I am not exactly proud of this committee's performance. I have been dragging my feet on several Marketing issues and currently it feels like we are not getting anywhere. On top of this the board has voted me for president which - if I do it right will add items to my agenda. I had hoped that this would go into effect September first when I am back from vacation but it already says so on the website. Therefore I might as well ask now who would be interested in taking over the lead for the Marketing committee?

For the time being I can continue to (not :-) schedule meetings and function as chair but this is not very efficient and I believe that we could do a lot better with a more savvy and consistent lead. There is plenty of time to come up with something as I will not be in the office for the next two weeks. I suggest that we meet after that on Wednesday third of September, please someone add the date and time to the Wiki.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Benno Christl