[Marketing] Marketing Meeting

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 19 18:25:10 EST 2008

On 13-Feb-08, at 3:42 PM, percy wrote:

> IBM sponsors a booth for PSU every year, usually. Bart Massey from
> our CS dept is in charge of it (and, incidentally, Goog SOC), and
> he gets student volunteers to staff the booth and talk about OS at
> PSU. Also, Oregon State's Open Source Labs (OSL) is usually at that
> booth. This year Bart has agreed, over lunch today, to have us
> focus on open source GIS. So I will help corral some students and
> we'll talk about our web-mapping products. I assume we'll put up
> the OSGEO banner and have pamplets.

This sounds like a great opportunity.  I can send you the pop-up
banner if you like.

> Tim Welch from EcoTrust has also offered to help. He was one of our
> PSU student volunteers last year, and now has a real job doing
> development using most OSGEO tools. (maybe he should be a case study).
>
> Anyway... I think a BOF where we show off some cool apps, maybe do
> some lighting talks would be nice. Perhaps OSGEO could pay for some
> food or drink for that, and rent a projector...
> And a pass to the conference that we could all share would be a
> nice perk!
> :-)

Do you think we need to purchase a pass, or would one of your
associates have at least some exhibitor passes available?  Can you
give us a ballpark cost for helping support what you suggest above?
It's a good show to be at, in my opinion, so would support the effort.

Others?