[Marketing] Marketing Meeting 2008.01.16

Daniele daniele at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jan 17 02:56:46 EST 2008

Dear All,

I am very sorry for my poor participation at the meeting today. I spent
most of the time fighting with my connection, with not a lot of look in
the end.

As for the discussions taken place today, I very much agree that
optimizing the existing Logos is a very interesting step to take and the
sooner this is done, the sooner printed material is available.  Having
the communication concept is also an important step to  define  some of
the marketing directions in which to take. So it would be great to see
the results of these actions in the near future.

By looking at the logs, I saw that most of what was discussed was about
budget (and  of course it is very important) but maybe  agreeing on some
deadlines would also be a nice way to get things done (GTD
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done> Rox!). What do you
guys think?

Another thing  that I would like to have done and preferably before the
first week of February is optimizing the  Mission, Vision and Value
Statements (http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_Mission). Maybe we
could set a work group for this with me and someone more experienced (as
I am new to OSGeo). Can any one help me input on that the next weeks?

Daniele