[Marketing] OSgeo at Finnish GIS expo, 23-24 Sep 2008

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue May 6 02:36:15 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I was contacted by people organizing the yearly Finnish GIS expo. He
wrote that they had thought about FOSS4G as a theme (there are probably
other themes too) for the Expo and had already asked a distinguished
non-finnish member of the community (he's in the OSGeo board but as I
understood that he's not yet fully promised so I won't put his name
here) as a keynote speaker. I also agreed to talk at the Expo.

I started to think that if FOSS4G is a theme, then maybe we should have
a OSGeo booth too. We don't yet have a Finnish OSGeo chapter so this is
a call for anybody living in Finland to participate. The booths start at
105 €/m2 but cheapest may be a 3m2 booth which costs 720 €. Not cheap.
We'd also need volunteers who know about OSGeo software. That might be
the first thing to secure before going forward.

Help and advise appreciated,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma