[Marketing] Local Chapter policy

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu May 29 07:59:00 EDT 2008

Hey,
I just stumbled across this OSGeo presence:
http://www.osgeo.nl/

We have not been maintaining all places in the Wiki and CMS where there are references to logo, trademark and brand usage but this sort of slightly bypasses what we initially thought to be a good idea wrt to our trademark:
http://www.osgeo.org/trademark_guidelines

I don't really know what to think or do about this. Opinions?

Bart,
I did not know that you started this web site, you seem to have your own sponsors, etc.:
http://www.osgeo.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=56

Is there any formal relation to OSGeo wrt funding, usage of the brand, some formal connection, report to OSGeo.org, etc.? There seems to be not link from http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Dutch to http://www.osgeo.nl/ either?

Please don't get me wrong, I am all about do-ocratic meritocracies but maybe having a slightly more tight and visible connection to OSGeo.org could help foster our marketing efforts. For example I cannot find any link on the entrance that would point to OSGeo.org although you have included the logo.

Hmmm. Actually this comes right at the wrong time as there is a somewhat heated discussion going on whether OSGeo should appear as organizer of training events (see the Board list). Seeing an address seminar at osgeo.nl suggests just that.

Best regards,
Arnulf.