[Marketing] Next steps...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 5 10:19:01 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
We have a few things on our plate and I would love to have a meeting
soon, but I'm out of touch this week.  It'd be great to hear any more
ideas from those who experience FOSS4G too.

Here are some questions to ponder and a few things to do if you have
a spare minute:

* If you saw the booth, brochure, banners or cards that we had
printed at the OSGeo booth, provide some feedback on how they worked/
looked.  Any improvements you thought of?
* If you could spend $5,000 or $10,000 on any marketing activity for
OSGeo, what do you think would have the best effect?  Would it be a
long term or short term effect?
* Have a read of the Marketing Communication Strategy 2008 document,
then choose the top 3-4 points you think we should act on.  If
someone would like to summarise the document too, then we can turn it
from a strategy into a work plan.
* Identify any important events coming up and letting Lorenzo know so
they can be added to the osgeo.org calendar/list.

Hope you are all well, I'll be back online next Monday.
Thank you to all who helped make our booth at FOSS4G a success!

Sincerely,