[Marketing] OSGeo event in Portugal

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Sun Oct 5 20:10:23 EDT 2008

[Apparently this message has never been distributed in the marketing list;
sorry if received more than once]

Hi all,

I've talk with Arnulf at Cape Town, and he suggested to use this mailing
list to announce and ask support/guidelines to our first OSGeo event in
Portugal.

I've already put the event in the wiki, available at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Open_Source_for_GIS_Meeting_in_Portugal
This small description is in English, but the event will be in Portuguese.
The event website is http://www.sigaberto.org

Basically, we don't need additional financial support (we were able to
have enough sponsors), but we would like to:

- invite someone from the OSGeo organization to be present at the opening
session (and give a talk)
- have the OSGeo booth during the event, with some material related with
OSGeo (brochures, the FOSS4G DVD if copies left, and so on)
- additionally, OSGeo T-shirts for volunteers would be very welcome

We already invited informally Tyler Mitchell, who will be in Malaga at
about the same time. But it didn't seem easy to get him in Águeda, because
flights from Malaga to Oporto or Lisbon are quite complicated. Of course
he his very welcome, but if he can't make it, please try to find someone
else able to come.

We are available to discuss further issues with you all. I'm sorry for
this announcement so late. We are just learning how these things should be
done.

Regards,

Jorge
--