[Marketing] OSGeo event in Portugal

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Tue Oct 14 13:21:51 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

Tim Bowden wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 09:41 -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>> Hi all, catching up on my email after a week away.
>> A couple ideas on this:
>> * who has the booth banners and any other "left overs" from FOSS4G?
>> Tim? Ari?  Perhaps those can be forwarded to Jorge.
>
> I've got one of the banners.  Gavin was left with the other for local
> use in South Africa.  Perhaps we need to invest in some more over time
> with each local chapter that looks like being able to make good use of
> them having a basic set of materials.
>
>> * re: shirts - same as above.  I can't ship any from here in time.
>
> I don't believe there were many left.  Certainly what was left was not
> evenly distributed wrt sizes.  Again, I think we may need to get more
> done up.

Tim, we can print the t-shirts locally. Maybe we should decide what
should goes in the t-shirt. We will use the OSGeo logo, plus the dates
and location of the event.

> I've got some of the A5 sized handouts, but probably not enough to make
> it worth shipping particularly as they will almost certainly get used
> down here anyway.

Things that we can do here, we will do it. We will, as Jorge Salinas
suggested, translate and put the Portuguese versions on the svn. And we
will print some handouts (in Portuguese) for the event.

> Live DVD's:  We used up all that we produced.  You could burn more
> copies of the DVD as is
> (http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/FOSS4G-2008-LiveDVD-Alpha4.iso),
> though if you hold off for a day or so I'll see if there are any
> important bug fixes that are pending.

That's a very good idea. Please check if there are any important fixes
and generate a new iso. We will burn here some copies. If you have the
CD Cover available, please share it in the svn. (I can scan the copy I
brought from Cape Town).

Regards,

Jorge