[Marketing] Motion: AAG 2009 Proposal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 14 22:41:50 EDT 2008

On 14-Oct-08, at 7:21 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> +1 from me this time around, but in future I'll likely vote against
> without matching local sponsorship. I still think we should
> approach Autodesk and ask for a co-contribution.

It's the tight pre-planning timeline of this one that's made it feel
a bit rushed, but I think there is still some good time to rustle up
further contributions - just note that the price for commercial booth
is 2x as much as non-profit.  Alex updated me earlier and expects to
get some funds from his university to help fund flyers and DVDs - so
some things are already starting to move.

Costs aside, it's the volunteer commitments that always worry me, so
it's good to see things on that front are also moving.  Alex helped
run an event earlier in the year that turn out well too.