[Marketing] Introduction

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:32:10 EDT 2008

Hi Miguel,
A belated welcome from me too. It is nice to be talking with you again.
I'm +1 to have Miguel added as a committee member. His reputation
proceeds him.

With regards to the key topics we should be addressing at the moment, I
think they are:

1. Decide how we should allocate the $50K marketing budget that has been
allocated to OSGeo. For me, I think we should target our marketing
pipeline, starting with an OSGeo Conference Exhibition pack, as per my
blog at:
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2008/10/creating-geofoss-distribution-pipeline.html

2. We should develop guidelines selecting events and projects that we
sponsor which is broadly based on "What is the cost per convert to OSGeo"

3. We should write a guideline for setting up an OSGeo Exhibition at a
conference, including how to source co-sponsorship, where to get
material for your booth, how much you can expect from OSGeo, and more
importantly, that OSGeo doesn't have budget to cover every stand.

4. Development of a LiveDVD (although that should probably be kept as a
separate project)