[Marketing] AAG 2009 Proposal

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 17:14:40 EDT 2008

This does look like an excellent opportunity for OSGeo and I'd love to
see OSGeo present.

However, it does bring up a bigger question about whether OSGeo should
fund local events.
If OSGeo funds events in the US, then should all 100+ other countries
expect the same level of funding? Do we have budget to support this?

Here in Australia the OSGeo local chapter have been setting up
conference stands, giving presentations and workshops and funding
ourselves. Local industry has been coughing up for travel expenses
fliers and registration fees and often OSGeo friendly delegates help man
the stand. We often get free registration often based on us being
Non-Profit and a highly desirable act.

We have some good presentations you are welcome to use at:
http://www.lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/Company/Presentations.html
Mark Leslie's summary of the Open Source Gespatial Stack
and my Business Case for using Open Source.