[Marketing] Marketing Budget

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Mon Sep 29 19:25:34 EDT 2008

Cameron,
these are all good points. One of the outcomes of the board meeting on
Sunday was that we will need to continue to help local chapters tap into
local funding resources - just as is already happening in many places, be
it Australia, Germany, France, and so on. This will include setting up
How-To pages describing how this can be done (small, medium, full scale
presence) and what you put together here is just exactly part of what we
need.

Maybe you could start a Wiki page right away and dump some of your
experience and thoughts there so that we can work with this in the next
month or so. Maybe add that it will not be detrimental for businesses to
join into this kind of local sponsorship as we will have to sell this and
our proposition is not all that clear yet.

We have also decided that it will be good to have Tyler involved with
these tasks more as he is the only one who can persistently follow up. In
some way the Marketing Committee has precedented this by voting him as
chair.

Pity you can't be here and we are all looking forward to Sydney.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

Arnulf Christl
http://www.wheregroup.com